It’s that time of the year again! Wallingford Rotary’s Annual Lobster Festival and Raffle. Please join us on Sunday August 27th for a delicious afternoon of community and seafood by the shore of Elfin Lake to end the summer.
Tickets are available now for $30 each. Each ticket entitles you to your choice (in advance) of lobster or steak, with all the trimmings, beverages and dessert. Feel free to BYOB. It’s a great way to enjoy a lazy summer Sunday afternoon.
This is our Club’s largest fundraiser of the year. The proceeds from this Lobster Festival and the accompanying raffle go to support our programs for the children of our community. These include:
- Wallingford’s Annual Bike Safety Day where each child is fitted with a brand new, free bicycle helmet.
- Project Dictionary where each 3rd grader in elementary school in Wallingford and surrounding towns is given a new dictionary of their own.
- Fishing Derby and Clinic where each child who attends the free event gets to learn about fishing and catch fish and win prizes.
- Scholarships – The Wallingford Rotary awards several scholarships each year to our local high school students.
- Interact Club – Wallingford Rotary sponsors and supports the Mill River HS Interact Club in its community service pursuits.
- Youth Exchange – Wallingford Rotary hosts incoming and outgoing youth exchange students.
Raffle Tickets are $10 each or 3 for $20. In addition to the cash prizes which are a first prize of 2/3 of the winning pool and second prize of 1/3 of the winning pool, this year’s prizes will include:
- Two Okemo lift tickets
- Four tickets to a UVM Men’s Basketball home game
- Two tickets to the Montshire Museum
- Plymouth Cheese Gift basket
- Gift Certificates from local businesses and restaurants
- Gift donations from our local businesses and merchants
If you are interested in buying raffle tickets or buying tickets to the Lobster Festival please call Tammy at 802-259-3711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your support of our local Rotary club is very much appreciated so we can continue to put service above self for our community and its children.
Lobster Festival Chairperson