WALLINGFORD ROTARY CLUB
Thank you for supporting our charitable work!
Rotary is a service organization with Clubs in thousands of cities and towns around the world. Rotary was founded in 1905 by Paul Harris, who grew up right here in Wallingford! Our local Club meets in the Schoolhouse where Paul learned his early lessons that would serve him well in life.
Rotary’s motto is “Service Above Self.” Our members volunteer their time to assist others personally and through donations of money and materials. This charity work is made possible by fundraising efforts such as this coin drop. We thank you for your contribution, which will be used 100% for our charities.
Just a few of the services provided by the Wallingford Rotary Club in recent years are set forth on a list on the reverse side of this sheet.
Wallingford Rotary meets Monday mornings at 7AM, If you are interested in attending, please ask a Rotarian or email us at Wallingford.Rotary.VT@gmail.com.
WALLINGFORD ROTARY CLUB
Partial List of Services
- College Scholarships: Rotary awards scholarships each year to Mill River Graduates.
- Bicycle Safety Day: Free Helmets, bicycle inspections and prizes given each May.
- Fishing Clinic: Local children caught over 100 trout last June at this popular annual event.
- Project Dictionary: Third Graders are given personal dictionaries to promote literacy.
- Mill River Interact Club: We support Mill River’s Interact Club for Service Projects. Include a Kiva.org micro-lending program for that provide loans to people in communities around the world with limited banking capabilities.
- Assist Local Organizations: A CPR Machine for Wallingford Rescue Service, Gilbert Hart library, Come Alive Outside, Dismas House, Wallingford Food Shelf and other local organizations and projects.
- Meet the Candidates: Sponsored an online forum to Meet the Candidates for Wallingford Town Office over Zoom in February 2022.
- Local Projects:
- Support for dairy farmers and the Vermont Food Bank during the pandemic with Rotary Club of Brattleboro.
- Nursing Scholarship at Castleton U with Rotary Club of Rutland.
- Dress a Girl Around the World program with Rotary Clubs of West Rutland & Fair Haven.
- Rotary Youth Exchange: This program has sent scores of area students abroad to learn another language and culture, at the same time hosting and teaching foreign students about our country. The program goal is to promote understanding and world peace.
- Polio Eradication: We have raised and donated funds for more than two decades to assist with global polio virus eradication. We are almost there! There have only been 15 cases of the wild polio this year.
- International Projects: We have support humanitarian projects such as:
- a pediatric bronchoscope for a hospital in Africa.
- Prescription eyeglasses for children in townships in South Africa.
- a human milk bank in India.
- Peace Clubs at high schools in Africa.
support the Uganda Girls Empowerment