Wallingford Rotary will post its minutes here from the previous week’s meeting.
Wallingford Memorial Rotary Club
Meeting: January 28, 2019
Presiding: Nan Dubin
Attendance: 13 Make-ups: Dave, Randell, Erika, Bruce, Nan, Adrian, Don, Barry, Taffy, Lois, Kevin, Jay 50/50: Bruce
Visitors: Paul Garland, Genevieve Krum
Minutes of last meeting: Corrections: None reported.
Events: (Please give your secretary relevant data for events)
- Pork Dinner: Success thanks to all who helped. Special thanks to Lois. Net proceed $580.
- Pre-PETS: February 11, 6:30.
- There are 3 regular meetings in February. $20 is due February 4 (we were credited for January 21).
- Randell was presented with a Paul Harris Fellowship award.
- Don was voted treasurer for 2019-2020. Erika was voted president for 2020-2021.
Program: Randell did a slide show about the Tygerberg Children’s Hospital project in Cape Town, South Africa and outlined his efforts to raise donations from other clubs in the District
Upcoming Programs: February 4: Cathy Stone February 11: Habitat for Humanity February 18: No Meeting
|ROTARY’S 4-WAY TEST:
1. Is it the truth?
2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships?
4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
ROTARY’S 5 AVENUES OF SERVICE:
1. Club Service 2. Community Service
3. International Service 4. Vocational Service
5. Youth Service
We need new memberships to keep our club viable. PLEASE!!! Procedure: Invite prospective member to a meeting. Fill out membership form to be presented to board and then general membership. Announced for 2 weeks at club meetings. Prospective member is then told about Rotary at a fireside chat with at