Wallingford Rotary will post its minutes here from the previous week’s meeting.
Wallingford Memorial Rotary Club
Meeting: August 3, 2015
Presiding: Don Glendenning
Attendance: 15 Make-up: Dave 50/50: Adrian
Minutes of last meeting: Correction: Dwight MacPherson resigned, and did not ask for a leave of absence as was previously reported.
News and Announcements: (Please give your secretary relevant data for events)
- The club voted to pay for breakfasts by the month instead of each meeting. Credit would be forwarded to the next month with makeups. The cost would be forfeited if a meeting is missed without a makeup. August has 5 regular meetings. $50 is due August 3 to cover regular meetings.
- Gary Jaquith has resigned for personal reasons.
- Bruce notified the club that he will be away for an extended period, but wishes to retain his membership.
Lobster Fest: August 16. Set-up will begin at 2:30. Don distributed raffle tickets and list of donors. Meal tickets were distributed; Ann will collect. Please have a number to Ann next week.
Program: Club Assembly: Dave has volunteered to serve as Foundation chair. Don and several suggested a club banner for display at all our events. Several also suggested a printed handout similar to the coin drop handouts. Plans for the lobster fest were finalized.
Upcoming Programs August 10: Jay August 17: Stan August 24: Dave
August 31: Randell
We need new memberships to keep our club viable. PLEASE!!!
Procedure: Invite prospective member to a meeting. Fill out membership card to be presented to board and then general membership. Announced for 2 weeks at club meetings. Prospective member is then told about Rotary at a fireside chat with at least two members.
|ROTARY’S 4-WAY TEST:
1. Is it the truth?
2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships?
4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
ROTARY’S 5 AVENUES OF SERVICE:
1. Club Service
2. Community Service
3. International Service
4. Vocational Service
5. Youth Service